We have a long tradition of supporting our pharmacist’s development and are supporting the national foundation training programs for Scotland, England and Wales for 24/25.
We are offering all foundation training placements (pre reg) via the national oriel schemes for each country. Applications must be submitted via these channels.
Why take part in the Rowlands Foundation Program?
All of our programs are supported by specially trained experienced pharmacists, a central support team within Learning and Organisational Development and protected study time.
We also offer structured training programs that cover all aspects of the learning needed to support you to not only be successful in your foundation training but also gain the confidence to practice as a pharmacist from day one.
|Applications via||Applications via Oriel only. For further details see here*||
Applications via Oriel. To be considered for the Rowlands preference list please apply here
|Applications via Oriel only (cross sector)|
|Overview of program||12 month Rowlands community pharmacy program||
NES led program
12 month community pharmacy program
HEIW cross sector program (4 month rotation in the following sectors Community Pharmacy, Primary Care and Hospital sectors)
|Support offering||Established structured learning program||NES learning program for 12 months||
HEIW program with additional training program director support
*For more information please email email@example.com
- GPHC fees paid (England & Scotland only)
- RPS fees paid (England & Scotland only)
- Allocation of highly trained experienced pharmacists to support your learning journey
- Central support from Learning & OD team
- Half day study time each week
- Peer supported learning opportunities
- Soft skills training via supported learning management system
- Engagement with post registration foundation programs
- Post registration development opportunities across PHOENIX
Take the next step in your pharmacy journey with Rowlands.
"I enjoy working with a team that is friendly and supportive and feel that everyone within the company has been approachable and willing to share their knowledge."
Chloe Murphy, Foundation Trainee Pharmacist
Why work for Rowlands?
- Very competitive salary package*
- Superb development and career opportunities
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare - membership of AXA
- Enhanced Holiday Package
- Access to a market leading discounts programme which includes up to 10% off your weekly groceries – saving you £100s every year
- GPhC fees paid (England & Scotland only)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Reward and Recognition Programmes
- Health and Wellbeing Programmes
- Long service awards
- Christmas Bonus up to £100 **
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recommend a Pharmacist Scheme – up to £2,000
- Pension Scheme with contributions from the Company
- Skilled Worker Visa
*Package varies based on location and role
** Pro-rata & depending on length of service
More from Rowlands Pharmacy
Find your local pharmacy
We have over 350 stores all over the UK, find your nearest one.Find a pharmacy
We offer lots of services in-pharmacy for customers.Find out more
Keep track and order your NHS repeat prescription through the free Hey Pharmacist app.Find out more