Version 5.5 Date April 2023
Your Data Matters
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Rowlands Pharmacy collects and processes your personal information. We take the protection of your data seriously and are committed to being transparent with you about the data we collect and how it is used and shared. We are committed to ensuring that we meet all our obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation and as amended from time to time.
L Rowland & Co (Retail) Limited are a company registered in England and Wales under Company Number: 2288928 with Registered Offices at: Rivington Road, Whitehouse Industrial Estate, Preston Brook, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 3DJ and trade under the name of “Rowlands Pharmacy”.
ICO Registration Number: Z5999844
Rowlands Pharmacy are part of the PHOENIX Group UK, our brands include PHOENIX Medical Supplies, Rowlands Pharmacy, PHOENIX Healthcare Distribution, PSUK, Numark, Nupharm, NuCare and Hey Pharmacist.
Table of Contents
- Your personal data and what we use it for
- Who do we share your data with?
- Lawful basis for processing your data
- Your rights
- Retaining your data
- Use of Google Analytics
- Links to other websites
- NHS Data Opt Out
1. Your personal data and what we use it for
We process your personal data, which may include but not limited to your;
- Date of Birth
- NHS number
- Contact details
- Phone number(s)
- Email address
- GP details
- Prescribed medicines
- Health data for any health care service(s) we provide to you
This data is processed for the purpose of;
- Internal record keeping (ie; to fulfil your prescription)
- To provide and improve our products and services.
- To provide you with monitored dosage systems or repeat medication dispensed by our central dispensing facilities (eg PilPouch and MediPAC).
- For the purpose of employee training and to improve our quality of service, we may obtain some personal information from monitoring or recording calls.
- For the safety and security of our employees and visitors we may use CCTV on our premises.
- We process your payment card details to provide the services you have requested. We do not store these details.
- Keeping you informed about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. If you no longer wish to receive this you can unsubscribe by clicking the link within the received communication.
- Identifying eligibility for third party Pharma services such as clinical trials.
- Market research, we may, from time to time, contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
2. Who do we share your data with?
- Where appropriate we may share your personal data with your GP or other healthcare professional for the purpose of your continued care.
- We may share the information with our associate group companies in order to improve the goods and services we provide.
- We may share the information with our other third party business partners which may include the NHS Business Services Authority and other relevant NHS Local Authorities for the provision and payment of the services which we provide.
- When providing funded services, for example those funded by local authorities and commissioning groups, we may share your information with those funding the services for reporting purposes. In these circumstances the information we provide is not directly identifiable, which means that we replace your information such as your name, with codes.
- In the event of a business sale or merger, personal data will be transferred to the new business owner in line with regulatory requirements.
- Similarly if you are a customer of a pharmacy business that has been taken over by Rowlands, we will receive your personal information as part of the handover process in order to continue providing you with healthcare services. Where this happens, we will place a notice in the pharmacy to tell you that your personal information is changing hands.
- We may share your information with trusted business partners who provide systems and services. For example our suppliers for the computer system which holds our Patient Medication Records (PMR).
- We are obliged to share information in order to comply with UK law, for example sharing your information with regulators and law enforcement.
- We may share the information with our other third party business partners for the purpose of customer surveys and promotions.
- Rowlands Pharmacy will not sell your information to any third parties.
3. Lawful basis for processing your data
We process your data for the performance of a task that is in the public interest and is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations for the provision of healthcare, healthcare treatments and for the management of the wider healthcare system. We do not use any automated decision making processes when processing your personal data. It is on the basis of Legitimate Interests that we process your data to improve our products and services and process images captured on CCTV for the prevention and detection of crime in safeguarding staff and visitors to our premises.
We process your data for the purpose of marketing on the legal basis of consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in marketing communications or by contacting Rowlands directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have consented or decided to ‘opt in’ to marketing either on the Rowlands website or via a 3rd party provider such as HasHealth, we may contact you about our products and services. This means you may hear from us by email, SMS, push notification or letter.
If you decide you no longer want to receive communications from us, you can click to unsubscribe at the bottom of any email we have sent you to opt-out of marketing emails. Alternatively, contact our support team at email@example.com, via email.
Cookies may be used to deliver online adverts that are more relevant to you, limit the number of times you see a particular advertisement, and measure the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns. We may analyse your personal information, including the information you view and buy, browsing habits and other ways you interact with Rowlands Pharmacy. We will do this to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising and to help us provide you with more relevant offers, advice and information. For more details on cookies, please see section 8.
We may also securely share hashed personal data such as email addresses to help target our advertisements to existing or new users. The data used within this approach will never include any personal health data.
5. Your rights
Data protection laws provide you with a number of rights as set out below, not all of these rights are absolute and some only apply in certain circumstances.
Right to access your personal data
You may request confirmation that we hold personal data about you, as well as access to a copy of any such data.
Right to rectification
You may ask us to rectify any inaccurate information we hold about you.
Right to erasure
In certain circumstances, you may ask us to delete your personal information.
Right to restriction
In certain circumstances, you may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Right to portability
For any information you have provided to us yourself, you may request the receipt or transfer to another organisation in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form.
Right to object
In certain circumstances, you may object to our processing of your personal information.
Right to make a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (although we would encourage you to contact us in the first instance).
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at;
Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe house, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact our dedicated Data Protection Team who will review and process the request on your behalf.
Data Protection Team, Phoenix Medical Supplies Rivington Road, Whitehouse Industrial Estate, Preston Brook, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 3DJ firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Data Protection Team can also help you with any general enquires relating to data protection.
6. Retaining your data
We hold your information for as long as is required by the NHS https://www.sps.nhs.uk/articles/retention-of-pharmacy-records/ or in accordance with the Limitation Act 1980 or as long as is reasonably necessary in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016) and any subsequent UK data protection legislation.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. We may need to transfer your information outside the United Kingdom to other service providers and business partners. We will only transfer your personal information in this way where there is an adequate level of protection that is the same as the level of protection required under United Kingdom data protection legislation.
9. Use of Analytics
The Rowlands website uses Facebook analytics, provided by Meta Platforms, Inc. (“Meta”). We use Facebook to understand our marketing effectiveness and help us make decisions about our product and how we advertise it to others. Meta collects information about what marketing campaigns result in visits to our website, and bookings for our health services. This information does not directly identify anyone.
10. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. You may provide links from your website to our website but we reserve the right to have such link removed on notice.
11. NHS Data Opt Out
Rowlands Pharmacy adheres to the NHS Data opt out. To exercise your right to opt out please visit the NHS website. https://www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters/
This policy was last updated April 2023.